Lesson 28 – Seize the moment
Text: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Memory verse: “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment” -I Chronicles 12:32
- To everything there is time
According to Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, everything happens on earth according to time and order and that is why God wants his children to understand his timing for different events in their lives. Genesis 2:1-3, I Kings 17:9-10.
- Time Management
Christians are expected to make proper and efficient use of their daily allotted time. Good time management can only be achieved by:
- Avoiding time wasters e.g Eph 5:4; 2 Cor 6:14.
- Avoiding procrastination. John 9:4
- Trying not to do everything yourself but rather, to always delegate responsibilities
- Being disciplined and always adhere to the time allotted to every task. Eccl 3:1.
- Having personal relationship with God. I Chro. 12:32.
Highlights of the lesson
- Everything happens according to time so wait for it.
- Procrastination is a thief of time so always avoid it.
- Always do a daily plan for your day-to-day activities.
Father do not let me be guilty of wasting my God’s given time’.
- Identify those things that could constitute wasting of time as a believer.
- Identify five(5) ways by which time affect human being.