Lesson 30 – Rapture: Purpose and qualification
Text: John 14:1-16
Memory Verse: “In my father’s house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you’’ John 14:2.
1. Why will the rapture take place?
2. Who will be raptured?
Why will the rapture take place?
- To resurrect the just of all ages from among the the dead. 1 Thess. 4:13-17
- To take the saints out of the world before the time of great tribulation. 2 Thess 2:7-8
- That Jesus christ might present to himself a church without spot or wrinkles Eph. 5:7
- To present saints to God the Father. Jude24
- To make the saints become like christ at his appearance 1 John 3:2-3
Who will be raptured?
- Those who are in christ at his coming Jn 1:12
- Those who earnestly desire his appearance Titus 2:13, Phil 3:20
- Those who love the lord wholeheartedly. Phil. 3:7-10
- Those whose citizenship is in heaven. Phil 3:20-21
- Those who will live holy even as He is holy. Heb. 12:14
Highlights of the lesson
To be rapturable, we must:
- Be expectant and watchful of our daily life because it is only those who are in christ at his coming that will be raptured.
- We must carry our cross daily and ensure a life of daily holiness because righteousness is not a destination but an adventure.
- From our bible passage, kindly define the word ’Rapture’.
- Who will be rapured?
Father, do not let me miss the mansion prepared for me in heaven.