Topic: THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB
Text: REVELATION 19:1-14
“And he saith unto me, write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.” Revelation 19:9
Last week we studied on the topic “Christ is coming back again”, and we discussed on the reason for this second and how we as believers should prepare and get ourselves ready. Therefore, our topic for today is a direct continuation from last week. The marriage supper of the lamb is one of the most import event that follows the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. This symbolizes the consummation of the union between christ (the Bridegroom) and the church (His Bride). As we very well know, Christ who is the Bridegroom has long before now paid the price for His Bride (the church) on the cross as such, He is coming to take her and as recorded in our text, it will be a great feast that should not be missed by any believer.
Outline 1: WHAT, WHERE AND WHEN IS THE MARRIAGE?
- What is the Marriage supper of the lamb?
- The marriage supper of the lamb is the consummation of the union between Christ (the Bridegroom) and the church (the Bride) as stated earlier.
- When will the marriage take place?
- The marriage will take place after the second coming of our lord Jesus Christ to the earth.
- Who is the wife or bride?
- The redeemed of the Lord and saints of all ages who have part in the first resurrection. “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” Revelation 21:2.
- Where is the Venue of the marriage?
- The marriage will take place in Heaven, the throne of God. “And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great” Revelation 19:1,5.
Outline 2: WHY IS THE MARRIAGE IMPORTANT?
There are quite a lot of reasons this marriage of the lamb is so important to the believer, some of which include;
- To avenge the blood of His servants Revelation 19:2
- To present the just of all ages to God the father, and fulfill their eternal purpose.
- To wipe away tears from the faces of the saints
- To take away the saints before the great tribulation
Outline 3: WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE MARRIAGE?
- Those who belong to Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Those who earnestly desire His second coming and watchful, whose patience and vision are not darkened Matthew 25:1-13
- Those who do not get distracted and lose focus
- Those whose holiness has not been polluted and whose garment of righteousness has not been stained. Revelation 21:8,27; Hebrews 12:14
- Those who obey His commands and whose citizenship is in Heaven. Revelation 22:14-15, Ephesians 2::14-16; Matthew 7: 21-23
Just like all other biblical prophecies, the marriage supper of the lamb will be fulfilled also. You can not afford to miss it, you need to be prepared, stay alert, be watchful and prayer for the day nor the hour no one knows but it shall come to pass. May we not be taken unaware and unprepared in Jesus name, Amen.