Lesson 27 – Dedication
Text: 1 Corinthians 11:18-28
Memory verse: John 4:34
- What is dedication?
According to our bible text, we defined dedication as the yearning desire in a christian which makes him/her pay the full price to get the work of God done completely. It involves dieing daily for christ (I cor 15:31). Paul in our bible text gave account of what he endured in the process of living a dedicated life for christ sake. 1 cor 11:18-28
- The call for self-discipline
The most important attribute of a dedicated christian is self-discipline. Self-discipline provides the inner strength for christians to endure in the race until victory is won (Rom. 8:37-39). The power of self disciple brings every christian under subjection and helps in controlling our temperament, passion, tongue and flesh. James 3:2, Rom 6:12.
Highlight of the lesson
- How we endure the period of trials and temptations is a good measure of the level of our dedication
- The work of God is not a one-time assignment but a continuous one. I cor 9:24-27
- Self-discipline is a basic requirement for dedication. 1 cor 9:27
- Father help me to renew my commitment to you daily.
- Help me to imbibe the culture of self-discipline.
- Identify the common features of an uncommitted christian
- State five (5) major effect of self discipline in the church and society
- List 10 common traits of a self-disciplined believer.